Thursday, March 5, 2009

Freelance Writing Opportunities In Nigeria

Truely, my posts have been showcasing freelance opportunities for writers in foreign countries especially the United States. That should not be strange to you because of the power of the Internet which has removed all local and international barriers on the way of writers.
You cannot have any excuse of not expressing yourself or displaying your writing talent and finding media in desperately in need of your talent.
Just like any other businesses from Nigeria, your freelane writing adventure would encounter challenges other businesses from Nigeria encounter for example the problem of identity and the image problem. But that should not deter you.
I have found genuine Nigerian writers making money online who can teach you all you need to know about this business and mentor you to success.
This post is crafted in an interview mould with one of my mentor and counsellor on freelance writing-Innocent Ighalogbue

Publisher-I am aware that you have been on the scene for quite sometime now in the freelane writing business. What are the challenges faced by Nigerians in this bussiness opportunity?

Innocent-'From the mails I usually receive it appears a lot of good writers from Nigeria have totally given up the hope of ever be part of the writing job opportunity online due to erratic power supply and convenient access to the Internet.

I agree that these are problems, but I don’t believe they are strong enough to prevent us from this opportunity, which only requires our writing skill. I believe problems are meant to be solved, so we must find a way to overcome them than using them as excuse for not been part of the opportunity.

It wasn’t that rosy for me at the beginning when I got a job to write for a client in America, I didn’t own a personal computer or an Internet connection. The only thing I had was that at my place of work, I had access to computer and which was connected to the Internet. But I knew if I could sacrifice my comfort for a couple of weeks, I will then be able to provide the necessary facilities I need to work comfortably for myself.

I would therefore stay back after office time to write my articles and send to my client. Sometimes to enable me complete and deliver as many jobs as I could, I would have to sleep over at the office.
This has now paid off handsome as with my lap top computer with Internet connection I can do as much writing job and other things as I desire online anywhere.

The bottom line here is that there must be a way to overcome the challenges you might be having that limit your participation in this great opportunity for writers to make money using their writing skill online; if you look for it, you will definitely find it!

Publisher-But is the challenge restricted to power failure and absence of infrastructure? What about those who are connected and yet unable to access thes oppotunities? What other challenges constitute stumbling blocks to the realisation of theirs goal?

Innocent-'I am using this post to answer the questions of those who attended the Mother Of All Wealth Empowerment Seminars at Success Attitude Development Centre, Lagos, recently where I gave a presentation on my proprietary and top selling information product: How To Translate Your Writing Skill To Money Online.

Also in this write-up you must not fail to find out what I call the Mother Of All Discounts – it’s mind-blowing, you will be glad you did.

If you were at the seminar I just mentioned, you will remember that the time was far spent that day, and since I couldn’t answer your numerous questions about all that it takes for you to render your service as a freelance writer and be making good stream of income, I did promise to post the answers here. So read on!

Que: Am a song writer, how can I get song writing job online and what are the websites? Also, is it pay before service?

Ans: Although song writing is not commonly advertised by webmasters and writing job givers, it may still be possible to land one. Just keep checking here and other places on the Internet where you can find writing jobs, you may just be able to secure one.

Yes, it is usually pay after work. That is, you get paid after you have submitted your writing assignment to your employer. In some cases, to guide against the job giver going off with your articles or any other form of writing without paying you, some job sites offer an escrow account.

The job giver is made to deposit the amount the writing job is worth in the escrow account, then after the writing is completed and is accepted by the job giver, the writer can collect the money. That is a good way of ensuring that you get your payment, however you may not be able to make such arrangement with all job givers.

Therefore, to safeguide your writings you should first complete a minimum writing assignment that you can be paid for, send it to the employer and request for your payment.

If they have problems paying then you can decide not to continue with them. Be that as it may, please I want to assure you that though there might be fraudulent job givers, the majority of people needing freelance writers on the Internet are genuine – don’t be alarmed, they won’t run away with your money.

Que: After writing your article, how do you send it across to them?

Ans: first of all you will use MS Word to write your articles. Name each file after the topic you wrote about. And since you may be writing several topics on a single assignment, you will have to put the several files in a folder. You can name the folder the project title.

Then zip up the folder and upload it as an attachment to the email you are sending the employer.

Que: Can you write for more than one website owner?

Ans: Yes of course, depending on your schedule and the time you have, you can decide to write for as many websites as you can possibly handle.

If you like you can set up a mini writing agency at home by securing jobs and training one or two people to do them.

Que: Can you create an article using a private label right?

Ans: No! If somebody is paying you to write on certain topics for them, it means they need fresh and unique writings that nobody else has, including you (yes, including you because once they have paid you, the article you have written becomes theirs only and you must respect that).

Remember that you are not the only one who may have that same private label right material, therefore it is not unique.

Que: We need samples of cover letter and resume Ans: Please look around this blog you will find sample cover letter. Sample resume will come later, just keep checking.

Que: How can we use article writing with adsense by submitting to article directory? Ans: Well, this is a different kind of question from making money as freelance writer online, but I will still give you the answer.

If you have a website with adsense, one way of promoting it is by writing articles and submitting them with article directories, where website owners can pick them up for use on their websites. As they post them on their sites and people come to read them, you stand a chance of having them clicking to your site.

Those are basically the questions Nigerian writers who desire to join in the lucrative freelance writing opportunity on the Internet wanted answers to last week at the seminar I mentioned above.'

How about that? No one gives information on freelance writing opportunities in Nigeria as Innocent. You can reach him at innocent@onlinewritingopportunities.com

I'll be dishing out more on freelance writing opportunities in subsequent posts. Stay tuned.

CLICK Here Now To VOTE FOR THIS BLOG!

No comments:

Post a Comment